Through the Deakin at Your Doorstep program, South West TAFE and Deakin University are offering the dual qualification of a TAFE Diploma and the Associate Degree of Arts, Business and Sciences. The Associate Degree is a pathway through to a range of bachelor degrees including Arts, Commerce, Management, Education and Health Science.
The Deakin at Your Doorstep program is available at the Portland Campus of South West TAFE. For those students specifically looking at a Diploma of Children's Services (Early Childhood Education and Care)(CHC50908), Diploma of Accounting (FNS50204) or a Diploma of Conservation and Land Management (RTD50102) or for those who already hold a current TAFE Diploma in other vocations - the opportunity to access the Associate Degree program and further enhance your qualifications is a fantastic option.
The Associate Degree of Arts, Business and Sciences is a two year full-time (or equivalent part-time) qualification that can be undertaken concurrently with the Children's Services, Accounting or Conservation and Land Management Diploma or by attending specific units of the Associate Degree to compliment an existing current Diploma qualification. The Deakin at Your Doorstep program aims to provide greater opportunities for students in rural and regional areas, for those who may not have met the prerequisites for their chosen university course, as well as providing an option for students who would prefer a more supported entry to tertiary study.
The Associate Degree of Arts, Business and Sciences offers:
- A pathway to your dream course - with up to 18 months credit
- A guaranteed place in a range of Deakin bachelor degrees* upon successful completion of the course
- A chance to gain valuable workplace skills
- Flexible course options, choices from a variety of streams
- Practical units of study
- State-of-the-art facilities
- A supported study environment - ideal for school leavers or students returning to study
- An opportunity to learn where you live
A $1,000 Learning and Development Scholarship is also available to a student studying the Associate Degree at Portland.
For more information on studying the Associate Degree please contact David Lanyon on (03) 5521 0454 or email email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Download Deakin at Your Doorstep Brochure
* Students wanting to enter the Bachelor of Education (primary) must also undertake a STAT to ensure they meet the numeracy standards specified by the Victorian Institute of Teaching.