- Course Code
- July 2015 - Warrnambool
- Study Area
- Trades & Licensing
- Hamilton (Hammond Street), Portland, Warrnambool
- Mode & Length
- Part Time (3 days per week, 6 months)
- Direct Entry
- Course Description
- This a great course for those wanting to gain some
base-level skills upon which to build. It is also ideal
for those who want to test the waters to determine
whether they are suited to being a mechanic. South
West TAFE offers a pre-apprenticeship program which
provides general knowledge, mechanical skills and
hands-on workshop experience in basic automotive
functions and vehicle systems. This is a great staring
point and knowledge of this nature is never wasted.
- Training Facilities
- All training is delivered in our fully functioning automotive
workshops equipped with the latest in technology.
- Student Placement
- There is no organised student work placement with this program,
however students are encouraged to seek work placement to gain
skills in the Automotive industry.
- Skills Recognition
- Many South West TAFE courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Go to Skills Recognition to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
- Apply & Enrol
- Application and Entry Requirements
- This course is available via Direct Entry.
Direct Entry - apply directly to the Institute by speaking to the
Course Coordinator. Details available from the Customer Service
Entry Requirements for this course include;
- Applicants must have a high degree of motivation and interest
along with appropriate literacy and numeracy skills appropriate
to this level.
- Applicants must be at least 16 years of age.
- Enrolment Process
Once the selection and eligibility process for this course has been finalised, the enrolment process can begin.
An Enrolment Form is available from the Course Coordinator and must be signed by the Course Coordinator, prior to enrolling. Once the Course Coordinator has signed the Enrolment Form, this must be taken with evidence of eligibility documentation*, with payment, and any concession card (not valid for Diploma and Advanced Diploma level courses) to the Customer Service Centre at any of our campuses.
Please contact the Customer Service Centre with any questions regarding the enrolment process.
* For detail information please click HERE
- Fees & Charges
- Fees and Charges
- For information regarding Fees and Charges click here.
Please contact our Customer Service Centre on 1300 648 911 to discuss the Payment Options available.
- Victorian Training Guarantee
- The Victorian Training Guarantee is making TAFE training more
accessible to people who do not have a post-school qualification
or who want to gain a higher level qualification than they already
have. For every eligible person seeking to undertake accredited
training at South West TAFE, the Victorian Training Guarantee will
provide funding to support that training.
Eligibility for access to a Victorian Training Guarantee government
supported place will depend on certain factors such as citizenship,
age and prior educational history. Please speak with your Course
Coordinator or the Customer Service Centre to determine your
Skills creation courses are for people who wish to undertake basic
training in an industry area, either because they need to use the
relevant skills immediately in the workplace, or because they wish
to prepare for entry to work in that industry.
- Careers & Pathways
- Career Opportunities
- Automotive Apprenticeships
- Pathways & Value Adding to Your Course
- The Certificate II in Automotive Studies provides a pathway to
further study at South West TAFE. Credits in some units from
the Certificate II in Automotive Studies can be used towards
an Automotive Apprenticeship.
- Student Support
- Student Support
- When choosing your study options with South West TAFE, prospective students can access the Course Advisor to assist with decision making.
Once you are a student with South West TAFE, a comprehensive support network is available to assist with study, work and social related issues including:
- Disability Support Team and Koorie Education Officer.
- Education Pathway Officers are available for Support in the enrolment process, Course Options, Information Sessions, Fee payment options, TAFE and University Pathways, Career Pathways and Campus Tours.
- The library - available to provide study support and access to computers outside the classrooms.
- Student learning support including Literacy and Numeracy is available through the Centre of Education via the Learning Support Unit. Please ring 55648506 for further information.