- Course Code
- Rolling Enrolments
- Study Area
- Trades & Licensing
- Sherwood Park
- Mode & Length
- Part Time
- Direct Entry
- Course Description
- If you are considering a career in the furniture or
building trades, this course is likely to appeal to you. It
will allow you to become skilled in the use of hand and
power tools, while teaching you about safety, timber
joints and construction, assembly and the operation
of woodworking. One of the primary advantages of
this course is that the skills it teaches can be broadly
applied to anything from furniture making to kitchen
cabinetry. Another great thing about this course is
that it provides an excellent pathway to higher-level
- Training Facilities
- The facilities are state of the art technology and equipment, including static maching in a simulated factory setting and
purpose-built workshops that provide hands-on training for
students; the perfect ingredient for trade-based learning.
- Apply & Enrol
- Application and Entry Requirements
- This course is available via Direct Entry.
Direct Entry - apply directly to the Institute by speaking to the
Course Coordinator. Details available from the Customer Service
Entry Requirements for this course include;
- All students must be at least 15 years of age by 28 April.
- Enrolment Process
Once the selection and eligibility process for this course has been finalised, the enrolment process can begin.
An Enrolment Form is available from the Course Coordinator and must be signed by the Course Coordinator, prior to enrolling. Once the Course Coordinator has signed the Enrolment Form, this must be taken with evidence of eligibility documentation*, with payment, and any concession card (not valid for Diploma and Advanced Diploma level courses) to the Customer Service Centre at any of our campuses.
Please contact the Customer Service Centre with any questions regarding the enrolment process.
* For detail information please go to http://www.swtafe.vic.edu.au/students/now-to-enrol/enrolment-process/
- Fees & Charges
- Victorian Training Guarantee
- The Victorian Training Guarantee makes TAFE training more accessible to people who do not have a post-school qualification or who want to gain a higher level qualification than they already have. It provides funding to support the training of every eligible person seeking to undertake accredited training at South West TAFE.
Eligibility to access the Victorian Training Guarantee varies on individual circumstances such as citizenship, age and prior educational history.
Speak with a Customer Service Officer on 1300 648 911 to determine your eligibility for each course
- Fees and Charges
Every course has applicable fees and charges. These are generally a combination of a Tuition Fee, General Service Fee and Course Consumable and/or Resource fees.
For general information regarding fees and charges go to our website http://www.swtafe.vic.edu.au/students/fees-and-charges or contact our Customer Service Centre on 1300 648 911 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Careers & Pathways
- Career Opportunities
- Cabinet Making Apprenticeship
- Furniture Making Apprenticeship
- Pathways & Value Adding to Your Course
- This course is a pathway to an apprenticeship within the building
- Student Support
- Student Support
- When choosing your study options with South West TAFE, prospective students can access the Course Advisor to assist with decision making.
Once you are a student with South West TAFE, a comprehensive support network is available to assist with study, work and social related issues including:
- Disability Support Team and Koorie Education Officer.
- Education Pathway Officers are available for Support in the enrolment process, Course Options, Information Sessions, Fee payment options, TAFE and University Pathways, Career Pathways & Campus Tours
- The library - available to provide study support and access to computers outside the classrooms.
- Student learning support including Literacy and Numeracy is available through the Centre of Education via the Learning Support Unit. Please ring 03 5564 8506 for further information.