- Course Code
- February 2015
- Study Area
- Trades & Licensing
- Hamilton (Hammond Street)
- Mode & Length
- Full Time (6 months)
- Direct Entry
- Course Description
- With particular focus on the motorsport environment,
this pre-apprenticeship program provides students
with a general knowledge and skill base in areas
common across most sections of the automotive
- Training Facilities
- All training is delivered in our fully functioning automotive workshops equipped with the latest in technology.
- Student Placement
- There is no organised student work placement with this
program, however students are encouraged to seek work
placement to gain skills in the Automotive industry.
- Skills Recognition
- Many South West TAFE courses offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Go to Skills Recognition to learn more about RPL and how it can benefit you.
- Apply & Enrol
- Application and Entry Requirements
- This course is available via Direct Entry.
Direct Entry - apply directly to the Institute by speaking to the Course Coordinator. Details available from the Customer Service Centre.
Entry Requirements for this course include;
- Students need base level literacy and numeracy skills and should sit an aptitude test prior to enrolment.
- Enrolment Process
Once the selection and eligibility process for this course has been finalised, the enrolment process can begin.
An Enrolment Form is available from the Course Coordinator and must be signed by the Course Coordinator, prior to enrolling. Once the Course Coordinator has signed the Enrolment Form, this must be taken with evidence of eligibility documentation*, with payment, and any concession card (not valid for Diploma and Advanced Diploma level courses) to the Customer Service Centre at any of our campuses.
Please contact the Customer Service Centre with any questions regarding the enrolment process.
* For detail information please click HERE
- Fees & Charges
- Fees and Charges
- For information regarding Fees and Charges click here.
Please contact our Customer Service Centre on 1300 648 911 to discuss the Payment Options available.
- Victorian Training Guarantee
- The Victorian Training Guarantee is making TAFE training more
accessible to people who do not have a post-school qualification
or who want to gain a higher level qualification than they already
have. For every eligible person seeking to undertake accredited
training at South West TAFE, the Victorian Training Guarantee will
provide funding to support that training.
Eligibility for access to a Victorian Training Guarantee government
supported place will depend on certain factors such as citizenship,
age and prior educational history. Please speak with your Course
Coordinator or the Customer Service Centre to determine your
- Careers & Pathways
- Career Opportunities
- Automotive Apprenticeships
- Pathways & Value Adding to Your Course
- The Certificate II in Motorsport provides a pathway to further
study at South West TAFE. Credits in some units from the
Certificate II in Motorsport can be used towards an Automotive
- Student Support
- Student Support
- When choosing your study options with South West TAFE, prospective students can access the Course Advisor to assist with decision making.
Once you are a student with South West TAFE, a comprehensive support network is available to assist with study, work and social related issues including:
- Disability Support Team and Koorie Education Officer.
- Education Pathway Officers are available for Support in the enrolment process, Course Options, Information Sessions, Fee payment options, TAFE and University Pathways, Career Pathways & Campus Tours
- The library - available to provide study support and access to computers outside the classrooms.
- Numeracy and Literacy support is available to students through the Centre for Education and Early Childhood Development via the Literacy/Numeracy Coordinator.