- Course Code
- February 2016
- Study Area
- Trades & Licensing
- Mode & Length
- Full Time (4 days per week, 15 weeks)
- Direct Entry
- Course Description
Plumbing is a reliable and generally well-paying trade.
As the construction industry continues to boom, our plumbing graduates find themselves in high demand!
During this course students train using the latest plumbing technology and machinery including, solar, gas and electric heating systems and welding facilities, giving graduates a sound understanding of both plumbing and gas-fitting.
- Training Facilities
- Plumbing students train using the latest technology and
- solar, gas and electric heating systems
- simulated mains and tank water systems
- automatic bender and guillotine
- split system air conditioning units
- multi-storey complex with simulated fit-out areas
- classrooms that incorporate computers
- Modern Workshops which include facilities for sheetmetal
fabrication, welding of various types of pipes including anitary,
drainage water and gas.
- Careers & Pathways
- Career Opportunities
- Plumbing and Gas Fitting Apprenticeships
- Pathways & Value Adding to Your Course
- The Certificate II in Plumbing provides a pathway to further
study at South West TAFE. Credits from the Certificate II in
Plumbing can be used towards the Certificate III in Plumbing
(Apprenticeship), which is the plumber’s trade qualification.
- Apply & Enrol
- Application & Entry Requirements
- This course is available via Direct Entry.
Direct Entry - apply directly to the Institute by speaking to the
Course Coordinator. Details available from the Customer Service
- Applicants will need to have completed at least Year 10 or
- Attend an interview and selection process.
- Enrolment Process
- Once the selection and eligibility process for this course has been finalised, the enrolment process can begin.
An Enrolment Form is available from the Course Coordinator and must be signed by the Course Coordinator, prior to enrolling. Once the Course Coordinator has signed the Enrolment Form, this must be taken with evidence of eligibility documentation*, with payment, and any concession card (not valid for Diploma and Advanced Diploma level courses) to the Customer Service Centre at any of our campuses.
Please contact the Customer Service Centre with any questions regarding the enrolment process.
* For detail information please go to http://www.swtafe.vic.edu.au/students/now-to-enrol/enrolment-process/
- Unique Student Identifier
- If you are studying nationally recognised training in Australia, you are required to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). Your USI links to an online account that contains your training records and results for training completed from 1 January 2015 onwards. One of the main benefits of the USI is the ability to provide you with easy access to your training records and results throughout your life and this will assist you when applying for a job or enrolling in further study. You are required to have a USI at the time of enrolment – especially if you want to use VET Fee Help to defer your fees. To apply online or get more information go to www.usi.gov.au.
- Fees & Charges
- Victorian Training Guarantee
The Victorian Training Guarantee makes TAFE training more accessible to people who do not have a post-school qualification or who want to gain a higher level qualification than they already have. It provides funding to support the training of every eligible person seeking to undertake accredited training at South West TAFE.
Eligibility to access the Victorian Training Guarantee varies on individual circumstances such as citizenship, age and prior educational history.
Speak with a Customer Service Officer on 1300 648 911 to determine your eligibility for each course.
Accessing a government subsidised training place under the Victorian Training Guarantee may affect future training options and eligibility for further government subsidised training under the Victorian Training Guarantee.
- Tuition Fees
The following tables outline the tuition fees per unit for the Certificate II in Plumbing (Pre-Apprenticeship) .You will be required to enrol in and complete all Core Units, however, you will make a selection of units from the Electives depending on the requirements of the qualification and/or your employer (if applicable).
The “Student Pays” price displayed is for government subsidised training. The Government subsidised Tuition Fee for this course is $3.10 per hour.
There are a number of criteria that you will need to meet in order to be eligible for support from the Victorian Training Guarantee (VTG). If you don’t meet those criteria you will be a full fee paying student.
If you meet all eligibility criteria and hold a current healthcare or pension card, you may be eligible to receive a fee concession. The concession rate is applicable for Certificate I to Certificate IV courses only.
For more information regarding full fee pricing and concession rates, contact our Customer Service Centre on 1300 648 911 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The student tuition fees as published are estimated for 2016 fee rates, and are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Additional fees
may also apply, such as materials and amenities.
- Core Units
|BSBWRT301A||Write simple documents||30||$315.00||$93.00
|CPCCOHS1001A||Work Safely In The Construction Industry||6||$63.00||$18.60
|CPCCOHS2001A||Apply OHS Requirements, Policies And Procedures In The Construction Industry||20||$210.00||$62.00
|CPCCCM2001A||Read And Interpret Plans And Specifications||36||$378.00||$111.60
|CPCCCM2006A||Apply Basic Levelling Procedures||8||$84.00||$24.80
|CPCPCM2002A||Carry Out Interactive Workplace Communication||10||$105.00||$31.00
|HLTFA201A||Provide basic emergency life support||8||$84.00||$24.80
|VU20526||Use Basic Plumbing Hand Tools||50||$525.00||$155.00
|VU20534||Identify Career Pathways In The Plumbing Industry||30||$315.00||$93.00
|VU20529||Use Basic Electric Welding Equipment And Techniques||20||$210.00||$62.00
|VU20527||Use Basic Power Tools||20||$210.00||$62.00
|VU20528||Perform Basic Oxy-acetylene Welding And Cutting||20||$210.00||$62.00
|VU20531||Apply Basic Sheet Metal Practices||50||$525.00||$155.00
|CPCCCM1002A||Work Effectively And Sustainably In The Construction Industry||20||$210.00||$62.00
|CPCCCM1005A||Carry Out Measurements And Calculations||20||$210.00||$62.00
|CUVCRS04B||Produce technical drawings||50||$525.00||$155.00
|VU20532||Fabricate Simple Plumbing Pipe Systems||30||$315.00||$93.00
|VU20533||Cut And Penetrate Building Materials And Structures||30||$315.00||$93.00
- Elective Units
|HLTFA211A||Provide Basic Emergency Life Support||8||$84.00||$24.80
- Student Support
- Student Support
At South West TAFE we're here to help you complete your studies happily and successfully.
From the moment you start thinking about course options until you finish, you’ll have access to a range of student support options, covering enrolment, education, social and personal issues, including:
- Education Pathway Officers who can help you with information sessions, fee payment options, TAFE and university pathways, career pathways and campus tours
- A DHHS registered Disability Support Team
- Koorie Liaison Officer
- Student Wellbeing Officer supporting your personal and social needs
- Library and Research Centre
- Bookshop supplying a range of textbooks and stationery
- Student Learning Support including literacy and numeracy