- Course Code
- July 2015
- Study Area
- Trades & Licensing
- Mode & Length
- Full Time (4 days per week, 15 weeks)
- Direct Entry
- Course Description
- Plumbing is a reliable and generally well-paying trade.
As the construction industry continues to boom, our
plumbing graduates find themselves in high demand!
During this course students train using the latest
plumbing technology and machinery including,
solar, gas and electric heating systems and welding
facilities, giving graduates a sound understanding of
both plumbing and gas-fitting.
- Training Facilities
- Plumbing students train using the latest technology and
- solar, gas and electric heating systems
- simulated mains and tank water systems
- automatic bender and guillotine
- split system air conditioning units
- multi-storey complex with simulated fit-out areas
- classrooms that incorporate computers
- Modern Workshops which include facilities for sheetmetal
fabrication, welding of various types of pipes including anitary,
drainage water and gas.
- Apply & Enrol
- Application and Entry Requirements
- This course is available via Direct Entry.
Direct Entry - apply directly to the Institute by speaking to the
Course Coordinator. Details available from the Customer Service
- Applicants will need to have completed at least Year 10 or
- Attend an interview and selection process.
- Enrolment Process
Once the selection and eligibility process for this course has been finalised, the enrolment process can begin.
An Enrolment Form is available from the Course Coordinator and must be signed by the Course Coordinator, prior to enrolling. Once the Course Coordinator has signed the Enrolment Form, this must be taken with evidence of eligibility documentation*, with payment, and any concession card (not valid for Diploma and Advanced Diploma level courses) to the Customer Service Centre at any of our campuses.
Please contact the Customer Service Centre with any questions regarding the enrolment process.
* For detail information please go to http://www.swtafe.vic.edu.au/students/now-to-enrol/enrolment-process/
- Fees & Charges
- Victorian Training Guarantee
- The Victorian Training Guarantee makes TAFE training more accessible to people who do not have a post-school qualification or who want to gain a higher level qualification than they already have. It provides funding to support the training of every eligible person seeking to undertake accredited training at South West TAFE.
Eligibility to access the Victorian Training Guarantee varies on individual circumstances such as citizenship, age and prior educational history.
Speak with a Customer Service Officer on 1300 648 911 to determine your eligibility for each course
- Fees and Charges
Every course has applicable fees and charges. These are generally a combination of a Tuition Fee, General Service Fee and Course Consumable and/or Resource fees.
For general information regarding fees and charges go to our website http://www.swtafe.vic.edu.au/students/fees-and-charges or contact our Customer Service Centre on 1300 648 911 or email@example.com.
- Careers & Pathways
- Career Opportunities
- Plumbing and Gas Fitting Apprenticeships
- Pathways & Value Adding to Your Course
- The Certificate II in Plumbing provides a pathway to further
study at South West TAFE. Credits from the Certificate II in
Plumbing can be used towards the Certificate III in Plumbing
(Apprenticeship), which is the plumber’s trade qualification.
- Student Support
- Student Support
- When choosing your study options with South West TAFE, prospective students can access the Course Advisor to assist with decision making.
Once you are a student with South West TAFE, a comprehensive support network is available to assist with study, work and social related issues including:
- Disability Support Team and Koorie Education Officer.
- Education Pathway Officers are available for Support in the enrolment process, Course Options, Information Sessions, Fee payment options, TAFE and University Pathways, Career Pathways & Campus Tours
- The library - available to provide study support and access to computers outside the classrooms.
- Student learning support including Literacy and Numeracy is available through the Centre of Education via the Learning Support Unit. Please ring 03 5564 8506 for further information.